Battered Leather, softened with time and the lip gloss that seeped through.
A faithful old friend that never left my side.
A part of myself that always provided for my needs.
My secret treasures, an enigma to others, and sometimes to myself.
As I set you in the back of my closet, I wonder what you would say if you could talk.
Would you say good bye and wish good luck to me
and have sympathy for my eager new clutch?
Instead, you settle into the shelf,
Fragrant with content memories….and the perfume I spilled on you.
-Cynthia Dite….age 18
What is it with handbags?
I know for myself, I can’t get enough of them. I love them. I could spend all day in a store, playing with the pockets and straps and imagining what items of my own I would put into each little section. Do you do that? I know that I have an eccentric affinity for bags, but I’ve spoken with other women and some of the reasons THEY Love The Handbag….here are some answers-
- “No matter what I weigh, it’s guaranteed to fit.”
- “I can change my bag easier than my hair color.”
- “Handbags don’t make your feet hurt like new shoes can do.”
- “I can change my bag faster than I change my mood.”
- “I feel secure with all my stuff with me.”
Handbags can last forever. Why do YOU love your bags?